The “Salvation Outline”
These seven points summarize the basic information about the human condition and God’s saving grace.
1) God loves you! “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life” John 3:16.
2) We are all sinners. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23.
3) God punishes sin. “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” Romans 6:23.
4) Jesus took our punishment. “But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” Romans 5:8.
5) Jesus rose from the dead. “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
6) Jesus offers forgiveness of sins and eternal life to those who believe in Him. “Then he brought them out and said, ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household'” Acts 16:30-31
7) Salvation is free–a gift from God. “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God not a result of works, so that no one may boast” Ephesians 2:8-9
The “Salvation Outline” can be found in Luther’s Small Catechism with Explanation pg. 258.